Thursday 30 June 2011

when times stands still


When I was younger I hated making decisions, everything seemed to be so much easier if you just sort of followed along. Now I'm a parent and that isn't possible anymore every decision I now make will have a consequence.
much to often I say 'I remember when I was that age' and there's a tang of sadness in that statement, its not only the reality I am indeed now a lot older than 8 or 9, but that I am old enough to have 8 and 9 year old children. But theres a firm sense of desperation to that statement too. I do indeed remember many things about being 9 years old, I remember things clearly I almost still feel that age in some ways, and its that which scares me, if I have such memories of that period of my life, then it is this period in my childrens lives that will be the contents of their memories in years to come.
Obviously I don't remember day by day what happened when I was 8 years old, but I do remember certain events, certain snippets, maybe its the photographs, where in these moments time stands still, maybe they are not real memories at all, but learnt memories, you remember things because they are repeated to yourself, but even still I know its the times that happen now, the photographs I take that will become the memories of my children, and that is a scary prospect yet a wonderful one at the same time, and that is why I take to many photos!



I think these are beautiful quotes:

'Take to many pictures, laugh a lot, and love like you've never been hurt' author unknown

'Which one of my photographs is my favourite? the one I'm going to take tomorrow' Imogen Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...