Wednesday 5 September 2012

Little Designers with Asda

Whilst we were away this summer, the days were whizzing past ticking down the time until schools re opened, we returned with just a few days to spare, and three children to kit out with new uniform!

So with a bit of a mad dash we rushed to the one place I knew would have what I needed at a price that wouldn't leave me bankrupt - Asda George school uniform range.


I picked up a pair of shoes each priced £8 polo shirts 2 packs for £2.50 Sweatshirts and Trousers all under £5 each, along with shorts and T.shirts for PE  kitting out all three for a perfectly reasonable price and from previous years I know the clothes wash well and are great quality, the trousers have adjustable waist straps which is always a must, and Dupont Teflon fabric protection which makes them repel spills and stains, where the designs are sensible yet fashionable the shoes hard wearing and comfortable.

I was pretty impressed being able to find everything I needed with no difficulties in my local store, finding the correct sizes in stock even with just a couple of days before the new term started and returned home thankful that the children would have something to wear on the first day of the new term.

But then for an added bonus today I picked up a parcel which had been sat waiting for me in the local delivery office and inside was my Little Designer Pack from George at Asda.


Before we went away I was contacted by Asda asking if we'd like to be included in this fab blogger challenge and I jumped at the chance,  but also said I may not be around to receive the pack if it hadn't arrived before we left. I waiting in the weeks before we left hoping the postman brought the pack but it didn't arrive, and as I set off I had resigned myself to not being able to join in this time assuming by the time we returned the parcel would have been returned to sender.

So I was thrilled to find it still waiting to be picked up in the delivery office today. Inside the pack was a Red Gingham dress (£4) for Chloe, (ideal seems as the weather has decided to shower us with sunshine at the moment and I had chosen out trousers for her on my mad dash) Trousers (£3), polo shirts (£2.50) and a Red jumper (£2)  for the boys and a backpack to decorate with the fabric paint and crayons.

The idea of the challenge is to let the kids get creative and design their own backpack to complement the great school uniform from the George at Asda range.


Chloe was thrilled and instantly claimed the backpack as her own, covering it in stars and heart designs and making it a perfectly funky accessory fit for the most fashion conscious tween.


I think she did a great job, and she looks lovely in the Gingham dress, and she can't wait to return to school tomorrow to show off her bag!


So if like me you left everything to the last minute and you are still looking for a few extra bits of uniform, maybe you are in need of some summery bits, and you want affordable items which are chosen by mums, tested by kids guaranteed by George- yes thats right all clothing come with a 100 day satisfaction guarentee so you can buy with confidence,  take a look at this great quality affordable range!



Although I was asked to join in with the little designer challenge and sent a selection of uniform and the bag in order to participate, I personally choose to do the rest of my uniform shopping at Asda spending my own money as I genuinely do think these clothes are great!

15 comments:

  1. My daughter is going to nursery so no uniform required but I still bought from the Asda school range - then she can get it all stained in paint or mud or both and I won't feel sorry about the amount of money I spent. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree uniform is great, when its as good quality as the asda range and as affordable it really means you don't have to worry when they come home filthy - and believe me even my 10 year old still comeshome filthy most days (infact just before they broke up from school he was that muddy on his return the head teacher had sent home a letter to accompany him saying he appologised for the state of his clothes and it was not seen as an acceptable practise for the boys to get that muddy, and he hoped that I didn't think it was a fault of the teachers allowing them to get so filthy - but more the boys going onto the part of the field that was particulary water logged and out of bounds!) So yes it is essential that clothes are hard wearing!!

      Delete
  2. (plus I think asda clothes are great anyway, been buying them since she was born - and had people asking where I get her clothes from!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ialso agree you can't beat the quality style and price!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you she is forever doodling and designing patterns so she was in her element

      Delete
  4. Love your pics, especially the last one - so arty and she looks very cute :) I never shop for uniform at Asda as we don't have a very local one -will certainly have a look now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved gingham dresses when Iwas at school nice to see girls still wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! We got those shoes too. My daughter loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fab design - love the swirly heart and stars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this backpack design, really creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...